FEMTO Engineeringoffers differents mechanical characterisations adapted to biobased composites. These tests are many, ranging from characterisation at the fiber scale, to characterisation of the composite or of the structure produced. The tests can be carried out under different environmental conditions with a specific set-up to carry out tensile tests in immersion. A range of fatigue tests have been developed with the use of a cycling frequency of 30Hz to reach material endurance limits quickly.
- Climatic chamber for conditioning and aging of 60 cm3 samples (temperature range from 23°C to 80°C and humidity range from 2% to 90%)
- Torsion machines (1N – 100kN) for tests on fibers or bundles of fibers, up to complete structures with temperature conditioning (from -80°C to 300°C) or immersion
- Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA) (from -80°C to 300°C) to determine the behavior of composites in temperature and frequency
- DIASTRON fiber morphological measurement system to study at the fiber scale (10-200µm)
- Internal pressure teststo characterise the behavior of the cylinder or storage volume under pressure
Also find our skills in tribological tests and in vibration of structures and vibroacoustics: HERE